Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

I'm new to this. A few questions

• JasenVita by JasenVita

Hey everyone,

So, I just began contributing to the data analysis on this project, and the very first image I am in charge of classifying strikes me as strange. I want to ask some questions about it, but first of all, I don't know how to post images here directly from the classifying portion of the Radio Galaxy Zoo site. And secondly, the tutorial mentioned that I could favorite images that I might find either intriguing or interesting in some way, but it didn't say where that option is located on the site. I'm sure the answer to these questions is right in front of me, but I just need a little help to get me started on this whole thing. Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

--Jasen

Posted

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl in response to JasenVita's comment.

Welcome to Radio Galaxy Zoo, Jasen!

You can add an object to your favourites list by clicking the button Favourites after you have clicked Finish when classifying; it will highlight in red. The Discuss button next to it takes you to the subject page for the image you have just classified - this is where you can post comments or start discussions based on that image, which will show that image when people view them. There are also buttons on the subject page for each image that allow you to examine the field of view in and around the image as seen by surveys in different wavelengths - very handy if you think there's something interesting just on, or over, the edge of the field of view!

Your favourites can be accessed from your Profile, easily reached from the Profile button at the top of the classification page. Your recently classified images are also accessible from here, so if you later decide you want to comment on something you can just click an image and you will be taken to its subject page.

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Welcome @Jasen and thanks heaps @WizardHowl 😃

Posted