Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

oddity in sequencing of images being served

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl

This afternoon (last ~1 hour) I've been getting an inordinate number of images to classify beginning with ARG00019 including some in direct sequence, e.g. ARG00019bj and then immediately afterwards ARG00019bi. Has there been a change in the way images are selected to be served for classification? I did not notice any repeats and there was a minute where I was getting images that did not begin ARG00019 but then it went back to doing it. I did log on and off earlier today and remember getting some ARG00019** images then as well but was not classifying long.

A couple of times today, whilst this had been happening, clicking the DISCUSS button on the classification page resulted in going to the subject page that would then not load, though I could still get to the page and have it load properly by putting the address directly into the address bar in Chrome (ARG00019jj and ARG00019bi). When it refused to load ARG00019bi just now I tried opening the Javascript console to see what it could tell me and it gave the following:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED https://api.zooniverse.org/proxy
    Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://api.zooniverse.org') does not match the recipient window's origin ('null').

Posted

• DZM by DZM Zooniverse Team

Let me put that through as a ticket and see if our devs can figure out what's going on. Thanks!

SECOND EDIT: Never mind, I mixed up Galaxy Zoo Radio and Milky Way Project. I have no idea what's causing this. Hopefully a dev will. Thanks!

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin in response to WizardHowl's comment.

As a test, could you try the site out in incognito mode with all extensions disabled?

Posted

I went through 20+ images without signing in just now and found no problems. I then signed in and began classifying normally but after about 20 classifications found the ARG00019** images returning, including a repeat.

I have classified 24720 images according to my projects page on Zooniverse: is it possible there are no more active images for me to classify?

Posted

• KWillett by KWillett scientist, admin, translator

That's a stunning number. Thanks for your unbelievable help, @WizardHowl.

The site should display a message saying that there are no more images to classify, if you do manage to exceed the active limit. But there are 20,000 galaxies active at any one time, and many of your classifications are already retired. According to the data base, you've done only about 30% of the current active classifications.

Have you tried recently? Does the problem persist?

Posted

I have tried today (and very briefly earlier in the week) and the problem has not recurred, yet. I have been getting occasional gold standard images but no repeats and the ID numbers seem more random now. I don't know if anything at my end was causing this, as I do get occasional disconnects that I suspect may be due to my router, which sometimes needs a reboot. If I find it happening again, or if I get any repeats, I'll add a comment. Hopefully the problem was just temporary...

Posted

I still have an open issue for this problem. @WizardHowl, did this ever happen again? Thanks!!

Posted

Hi @DZM thanks for checking but so far there have been no re-occurrences of this problem.

Posted

Okay. Closing the issue, then. Thanks!!

Posted