Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

Tags??

• Siyaa by Siyaa

So there are a whole lot of tags that can be applied to these images. However, I can't find a post that has all of them listed with examples. The "Suggested Hashtags" post has several of them, but there are a number of tags that I can't make heads or tails of, even by looking through the images associated with them. Could a user more familiar with them please provide some information like this? I would love to be able to tag things for people, but I don't know what to use half the time!

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Hi Siyaa,

Tagging is not compulsory but if you're interested, the 5 main ones to get familiar with are #compact, #hourglass, #doublelobe, #artefact and #overedge.

You can also find out more about radio galaxies by reading the blog posts.

1)#compact just means that there is 1 radio component over the host galaxy.
    2)If 1 galaxy has 2 radio components, they sometimes look like an hourglass so you can just tag it as #hourglass or #doublelobe
    3) Sometimes you see a very noisy radio image that looks like "blue basketweaving" , then you should tag the image as #artefact
    4) Sometimes you can see that the emission extends beyond the field. For those you tag as #overedge.

Hope this helps!

Posted

• WEBs_in_space by WEBs_in_space

Helps ME! I have been away for awhile, doing other Zoo projects and this helps me get back on track. One thing I cannot remember is how to post an image.

Stay cool
    ME

Posted

• WEBs_in_space by WEBs_in_space

Here, I found a related post. Tags

Stay cool
    ME

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to WEBs_in_space's comment.

If it's an ARG image - the kind we get to classify - as far as I know you can't (or at least, not easily).

For other images - such as SDSS - you get the URL of the image, click on the 'image' icon (in the bar above, after the 'code' icon, the one with 101 010), and paste the URL into the pop-up box.

Hope this helps, and happy hunting! 😃

Posted