Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

How to obtain a list of ARG field IDs in a Collection (or hashtag group)?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

This is an edited version of what I just posted in Z Talk, "How to obtain a list of Subject IDs in a Collection (or hashtag group)?".

Collections are a feature of RGZ Talk. You can also create a hashtag group, essentially a Collection of all ARG IDs with the same hashtag.

You can get a list of all the ARG fields in a Collection, whether created by you or someone else, and also of hashtag group Collections, by navigating to that Collection, and manually working your way though it, noting the ARG IDs. Example? Collection Spiral.

That is laborious, error-prone, and a very time consuming way of finding which ARG IDs have been added, from the last time you checked (you have to go through them all, one by one, and compare with your previous list).

I do not know if there's a method proposed, and a unique item added in GitHub, for such functionality, but I'm pretty sure there's none for RGZ (because all Ouroboros-based Talks are on a strictly "maintenance only" regime, right?).

Does any reader know of a method by which you could obtain a list of ARG IDs in a Collection, at least semi-automatically? Have you got some ideas of how such a list could be obtained (without having direct access to the RGZ database)? Would you be interested in working with me on developing such a tool/app/whatever (we'd make what we developed public/open source)?

Posted