Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

Section at lower tail.

• Chinabob by Chinabob

Am i correct is thinking that there is some form of jet streaming from the lower end of the left hand item which seems to be curving to the central galaxy. What could it be, two BH exchanging matter?
    Would like comments for my continued education.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Chinabob's comment.

I am just an ordinary zooite, so take this with the appropriate amount of salt!

I think this is a #triple, with the host (the galaxy containing the supermassive black hole in its nucleus) being SDSS J085815.24+505303.1:

enter image description here

There may be a pair of jets coming from the radio-bright core (centered on the host), or it may be that these are (mostly) artifacts; certainly far from the core much of the apparent radio emission looks like the 'triangular mesh' noise that is common in RGZ images. The other main features - the impressive lobes - seem to me to be associated with the host; if so, they have been displaced by the IGM (inter-galactic medium) into a bent-shape, making them an unusual #wat (wide-angled tail). Also interesting is that they are obviously asymmetric.

Hope this helps.

Posted

• Darshiva420 by Darshiva420

New to this I wanted to discuss my discovery here or had this one already being discussed

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Darshiva420's comment.

Welcome to RGZ, Darshiva420! 😃

Yes, this is a good place to discuss the rather strange radio sources in this field.

What would you like to discuss?

Hope this helps, and happy hunting! 😄

Posted