Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0000zxb - two hosts or one?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

This is just weird.

The SE (central) radio source seems to have z_ph 0.444 ± 0.0278 SDSS J084948.41+425517.3 as host. If so, then there's clear nuclear emission, and what looks very much like a #onesided jet/lobe (trending towards SE).

enter image description here

The NE radio source seems like a lopsided/asymmetric #hourglass, with z_sp 0.332 SDSS J084948.35+425536.9 as host; it looks not at all like an elliptical:

But perhaps it's just a highly unusual #bent #wat, single host system?

I'll do an overlay later.

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

My suspicion is that there are 2 overlapping radio galaxies here but i'm not certain that the edge-on late-type galaxy is really a host candidate. Yes, an overlay might determine whether the late-type is at the right position or not.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to ivywong's comment.

My suspicion is that there are 2 overlapping radio galaxies here but i'm not certain that the edge-on late-type galaxy is really a host candidate. Yes, an overlay might determine whether the late-type is at the right position or not

Two separate sources, with hosts as above; the emission from host z_sp 0.332 SDSS J084948.35+425536.9 is possibly nuclear (so #compact, but one cannot really tell); the other is #triple:

The image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk post. The object at the center of the image is SDSS J084948.41+425517.3

Posted