Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0002ahv, SDRAGN candidate?, hybrid? bent triple? other?

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0002ahv, a pair of bent lobes.

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.

The host of the emission is SDSS J151338.41+210738.5, which has First emission, and First and NVSS references in both NED and SIMBAD. It had a z_sp=0.079 +/-0.00001, and appears to be almost #disk like.

SDSS J151338.41+210738.5

As per the classification comments left and whether SDSS J151338.41+210738.5 is an #SDRAGN candidate, it has a fracDev_g, _r, of 0.966, and 1, and an expAB_g of 0.412 and expAB_r of 0.437 respectively. For c, the inverse concentration index, it has a figure of 0.347 for the g band and 0.321 for the r band.

The expAB parameters seem promising for this galaxy being more disk like, maybe a green valley galaxy, and it does have an arXiv reference related to its possible morphological ambiguity.

Whether the lobes are #hybrid or not, they seem #bent, possibly a #doublelobe. However, looking at the First cutout below, it could almost be a #faint, #bent, #triple, or #Wat.

Any comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

I think the association is ambiguous. There seems to be an #offset between the E radio source and the galaxy, which may mean nothing. However, the radio morphology is rather too much like a #bent #hourglass, suggesting that the host is invisible in the SDSS image (so a #nooptical). And there's a hint, I think, in the IR image that there might be an IR source near the 'waist' of the hourglass.

Maybe a contour overlay on a WISE canvass might help?

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy in response to JeanTate's comment.

I think, in the IR image that there might be an IR source near the 'waist' of the hourglass.

Here's the Wise 3.4 Band image. What do you think?

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First contours in red, Wise Band 1 lime green.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to ChrisMolloy's comment.

No WISE 3.4 source in the waist. However, there's the faintest hint of a WISE Band 4 source right there (more likely just noise though).

If this is a chance alignment, the foreground spiral is 'backlit' by the lobe of a far distant AGN ... I wonder how much of the radio would be absorbed or scattered by the foreground object?

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy in response to JeanTate's comment.

Here's the Wise Band 4 overlay.

thread.
    First contours in red, Wise Band 4 contours paleturquoise.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Cool! 😃

Posted