Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0003mlh, #doublelobe, one or two hosts?

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0003mlh, which appears to be a #doublelobe, albeit a very #unusual one.

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.

A possible host for the emission appears to be SDSS J141137.05+031017.2, which has a z_sp=0.371 +/- 0.00011. There doesn't appear to be any radio references in NED or SIMBAD for this galaxy, but there is an ALLWISE reference, ALLWISE J141137.01+031017.1.

SDSS J141137.05+031017.2

As per the classification comments left, this galaxy is noted as being in a galaxy cluster. If this is one host, this possibly explains the emission. As for this being one host or two, others may wish to comment further on this.

Here's the First image.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

If I had to guess, I reckon it could be 2 separate hosts.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to ChrisMolloy's comment.

I think this is mystery. With the data we have to hand, I think there's no way to say with confidence what the host is (or hosts are).

Maybe we should start a Collection? Really Mysterious Radio Sources (RMRS); nah, not catchy enough. Suggestions? 😃

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy in response to JeanTate's comment.

Personally, I was leaning more towards the one host. Looks very twisted and elongated, just looking at the First image, but agree, could be two, and there is no way to pin down conclusively a host.

Maybe we should start a Collection? Really Mysterious Radio Sources (RMRS); nah, not catchy enough. Suggestions? 😃

Maybe something along the lines of How to describe the radio morphology.

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

That's fair enough. Yes, without further dedicated observations, this will be a fairly long list. 😉

Posted