Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0003qfr, strike-slip doublelobe, SDRAGN candidate?

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0003qfr, which appears to be a #doublelobe. This emission possibly has a #strike-slip structure, but there could be artefacts involved, which could explain the morphology. This object is cross referenced in the How to describe the radio morphology thread?

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.

The host for this emission appears to be SDSS J112526.53+014301.5, which has a z_sp=0.435 +/-0.00004. This galaxy has radio references in NED, and an ALLWISE reference, ALLWISE J112526.54+014301.8. The spectrum categorises this object as a QSO, AGN Broadline. There does seem to be extended tidal debris to the NE of this object also.

SDSS J112526.53+014301.5

enter image description here

There doesn't appears to be any other hosts for this emission.

Finally, looking at this galaxy, I wonder whether this object could be an #SDRAGN candidate. It has a fracDev_g, _r, of 0.749, and 1, and an expAB_g of 0.714 and expAB_r of 0.721 respectively. For c, the inverse concentration index, it has a figure of 0.363 for the g band and 0.300 for the r band. On the above parameters, possibly not, but are interested to hear what others think.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to ChrisMolloy's comment.

If a galaxy has a bright nucleus, an AGN perhaps a borderline QSO, then fracDev and c (inverse concentration ratio) parameters will be thrown off; the galaxy could be a pure disk but for the AGN yet fracDev and c would tell you it's bulge-dominated. In such cases - and this is one, I think - it's down to your own eyes and experience.

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy in response to JeanTate's comment.

Thanks. I have a tendency to invert the image in SDSS, and if it's transparent then more of an E than an S. To me this is more of an S, though very much borderline.

Posted