Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0002s11, doublelobe, or a compact lobe centre and a core-jet SW, hosts?

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0002s11, which has an unusual emission; either a #doublelobe, or a #compact lobe centre, and a #core-jet SW. This ARG field is cross referenced in the How to describe the radio morphology? thread.

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.

As per the classification comments left, the host for the emission appears to be SDSS J153703.62+132808.3, which is also noted in the comments field as being a #QSO candidate. There doesn't appear to be a photometric or spectroscopic redshift listing for this galaxy, or any NED or Simbad radio references, although there is an ALLWISE reference, ALLWISE J153703.60+132808.2. This object would make this emission a #doublelobe.

SDSS J153703.62+132808.3

Interestingly, the possible #compact circular lobe centre, is positioned on SDSS J153704.85+132842.4, which has First flux emission, and is listed as a star, although it could possibly be a #QSO. This object has an NVSS reference in NED, and an ALLWISE reference, ALLWISE J153704.85+132842.4.

SDSS J153704.85+132842.4

So, in sum, this emission could be a #doublelobe, but also a #compact lobe centre, and a #core-jet SW. The #core-jet host possibly being SDSS J153703.62+132808.3. I am interested in others views on this ARG field.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to ChrisMolloy's comment.

I think the positional coincidence of the upper source with the star is just too perfect to be chance (I know, intuition is incredibly unreliable) ... but then the lobe shapes are also close to classical, making it a #double with a host invisible in FIRST.

As is so often the case, deeper (radio) observations are needed, sigh.

Posted