Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0003a8f, unusual triple, extended emissions? SDRAGN candidate?

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0003a8f, which appears to be an #unusual #triple, with possibly very extended emissions.

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First in red.

The host for the lobes appears to be SDSS J135110.81+072846.0, which has a z_sp=0.150 +/- 0.00001. This object has radio references in NED and SImbad, recorded First flux emission, and an ALLWISE reference, ALLWISE J135110.81+072846.0. This galaxy is also noticeably #green, and is listed in Simbad as a Seyfert 1 galaxy.

SDSS J135110.81+072846.0

SDSS J135110.81+072846.0
    lists this galaxy as having a GZ1 classification of an elliptical. GZ2 also appears to have the same classification. DECaLS images of this galaxy seem to show a more clearer delineation of the morphology. It appears to be #disk like, and even having a semblance of #spiral arms. Possibly this galaxy could be an #SDRAGN candidate. There is also an unusual #green-arc in the DECaLS images of this galaxy. Others may have an opinion on what this could be, but it does seem possibly reminiscent of #gravitational-lensing.

DECaLS DR5 image

DECaLS DR5 residuals

Finally, here's a First cutout and enlarged First & Wise Band 1 overlay of this ARG field. There are emissions which extend further to the east and west of SDSS J135110.81+072846.0 and the central #triple lobes. Whether these are related to this galaxy is hard to ascertain. There doesn't appear to be any ir sources positioned directly on these #extended lobes. However, there is an NVSS reference in NED for the west lobe which appears to be positioned on SDSS J135100.68+072908.8 and radio references in Simbad at the co-ordinates of the east lobe. If these lobes were related to the core, could the central east west lobes be #restarted?

First cutout

First, Wise Band 1 contour overlay

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First in red, Wise band 1 lime green.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

Yeah, I remember this one from

https://radiotalk.galaxyzoo.org/#/subjects/ARG0003a8l

And I also seen DECaLS image

Certainly not a lens, maybe EELR, but already mentioned in the Green thread

As for the rest.. I agree with Jean

. somebody ate my spiral! remnant (tidal tail, but not) like a bow wave

Posted