Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0001nrb, extended emission, restarted, wat/triple?

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0001nrb, which is a very extended emission, possibly a #wat, #overedge, and maybe even a #restarted #triple.

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First in red.

The host for the emission appears to be SDSS J072725.06+310935.4, which has a z_ph=0.250 ± 0.0387. This object has recorded First flux emission, and multiple radio references in NED and SIMBAD.

SDSS J072725.06+310935.4

Here's a zoomed out ARG contour image of ARG0001nrb, including First and NVSS contours. There appears to be #extended, #overedge, First emission to the NW and SE of this host. This emission is visible in First but not so in NVSS. Whether these emissions are very #diffuse or #artifacts is hard to determine.

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First in red, NVSS cyan.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Another cool investigation! 😃

I don't think there's any doubt it's a #restarted #triple. What's unusual to me is that the NW side seems compressed compared with the SE one; perhaps there's a "headwind"?

The distant FIRST sources seem like #artifacts to me, not least because there's no corresponding NVSS emission.

Posted