Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0001rql, spectacular doublelobe/hourglass emission

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's ARG0001rql, which appears to be a #dpublelobe or #hourglass. The contour overlay below is centred on SDSS J111634.61+291517.1 which is ENE of the ARG co-ordinates listed left. This ARG field is cross referenced in the following post, ARG0001rql IS THE RADIO SOURCE THE NORTH GALAXY?

enter image description here

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First in red.

The host for the emission appears to be SDSS J111634.61+291517.1, which has a z_sp=0.049 +/-0.00001. This object has radio references in NED and SIMBAD, and an ALLWISE reference, ALLWISE J111634.62+291517.0.

SDSS J111634.61+291517.1

enter image description here

There is always the possibility that there is some sort of distant emission in this ARG field. The First contour overlay above, and the ARG contour left, seems to show an off centre core, and secondary background emission. The #hourglass, #doublelobe could possibly be #overlapping an outlying emission. Others may wish to comment on this.

It doesn't appear that this ARG field has been imaged in VLASS as yet.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Same as ARG0001rq8. I'm sure I'd done this one before.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

I think it's hard to say more than what you've already described well, without higher resolution radio data. If there is a background source, it may be very difficult to get an optical image of it, unless observed by the Hubble.

Posted