Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

Image ARG0002uu1

• leonie_van_vliet by leonie_van_vliet

On advice of a fellow volunteer I post this question about Lensing:
    "I did wonder if there has been conformation in RGZ of finding this phenomena. The one mention above seems to have an arc feature; ARG0002uu1
    Has it ever been confirmed? Since searching for gravitational lensing is very populair at the moment thought it might be relevant. Lensing occurs in strong gravitation fields like in galaxies with BH's..."

Kind regards!

Leonie

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

Yes, we have found quite a few possible lenses

I say, about 4-5 strong candidates

As for confirmation, well, that is the whole other question, it takes interested science team to confirm it, doesn't look like there is a one at the moment

Posted

Hey thanks @Dolorous_Edd,

Only so few, 4-5 candidates! Not as easy as it seems to find them as in the "Gravitational Lensing" project lots of SIM's there BTW!
    Still it's interesting!

Cheers! ( from + 30 º C in the shade )

~Leonie

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

Only so few, 4-5 candidates!

Well, I say, it is a big number for the project that doesn't aim to find them in the first place, plus finding something new in the SDSS is a hard task to begin with

project lots of SIM's there

Yeah, number of SIMs is way overboard, they should tone them down

Cheers! ( from + 30 º C in the shade )

heh, Cheers ( from +13 in the sun )

Posted

"Well, I say, it is a big number for the project that doesn't aim to find them in the first place, plus finding something new in the SDSS is a hard task to begin with"

Shall I congratulate or apologize, your choice... It is a big, big, field to work in & find something amazing in RGZ...

By now + 32º

~Leonie

Posted