Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

The coffee machine

• Kevin by Kevin scientist, admin

Hi!

I get quite a bit of astrophysics done by chatting with colleagues at the coffee machine. How about you?

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje admin, scientist

Myself, I drink tea.

Posted

• Kevin by Kevin scientist, admin in response to vrooje's comment.

Other hot beverages are of course available. : )

Posted

• tsering by tsering

Hot Rooibos and Vanilla, anyone? 😃

Posted

• planetaryscience by planetaryscience

Me- why not! 😉

Posted

• raynorris by raynorris scientist

In the days when we used to read paper documents, hanging around the printer had much the same function. Now we read documents online, and hang around talk pages like this!

Posted

I, sadly, wasn't alive back then 😢

Posted

So, well. Bye I've got to go. See you in about 10-12 hours. 😄

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Thanks heaps @planetaryscience! You did an amazing job with the classifications 😃

Posted

• enno.middelberg by enno.middelberg scientist, translator in response to raynorris's comment.

Ah well, another "in the olden days" post by Ray 😃

Posted

So, how has it been for you scientists, with the first day or two of the radio project being open? Have you found anything particularly interesting yet, and based on the amount of classifications, how much longer do you think it will be open for?

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

@planetaryscience: It has been phenomenal! It has only been ~39 hours since launch and we have all classified nearly 50,000 fields! And we have found plenty of very interesting sources --- and quite a few behind stars !

Posted

• Jaymo1978 by Jaymo1978 in response to raynorris's comment.

@raynorris "Printer?" HAH! You young'uns and your new-fangled techno-wizardry. Back in my day, we still used one of those "ditto machines" to make our copies, big and purple! Give me my printouts blotchy, warm, finger-staining, and smelling of burnt tires, THAT'S a copy machine.

Sorry. Don't know where I went there for a sec. 😄

Posted

• raynorris by raynorris scientist in response to Jaymo1978's comment.

You guys are so cruel! If you upset me too much I'll start telling you about paper tape...

Posted