Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

Ask the Radio Galaxy Zoo Science Team Anything!

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Over in Zooniverse Talk (ZT), there's a thread called Ask the Planet Four Researchers Anything!. It was started as part of a push to get more clicks, and I've no idea how well it worked in that regard. However, while it's a fairly short thread, it is IMHO a very successful effort.

As I explained in my Could there be more "Ask the {X project} Researchers Anything!" threads here in ZT? thread created as result, I think its success is due in large part to it being outside the specific project, and the format of ZT being far, far better for a discussion than v2 Talk (which we use here) or the WP-based blogs.

Maybe we could have an "Ask the Radio Galaxy Zoo Science Team Anything!" there too?

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Sure thing! As the first responder, I'd say "yes". Ask away. Only thing to bear in mind is that both Julie and I are on the other side of the planet so as long as you'll excuse the slight time delay in response, we are as we always have been very happy to answer anything you'd like to the best of our abilities.

While I appreciate that Zoo Talk is probably a better format, I am not familiar with it so do you mind if we just started a thread here at the RGZ Cafe? We pop by here frequently because it's now an ingrained habit..... Thanks for your understanding.

cheers,
    Ivy

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to ivywong's comment.

Cool! 😃

One reason why I suggested that this be in ZT not here is for exposure.

My thoroughly unscientific sense is that whenever RGZ gets some 'publicity' in the Zooniverse, there's an uptick in interest, and 'clicks per day' go up. For example, after every GZ blog post, after my Daily Zooniverse item. So if we put Ask the Radio Galaxy Zoo Science Team Anything! in ZT, we may get an uptick on clicks here.

Another reason: here in RGZ Talk we have a strong base of very active classifiers (based on who posts Comments or in Discussion threads), but outside RGZ Talk we're not much known (even in GZ Talk we are practically invisible). While there still aren't many zooites who hang out in ZT, they seem to be particularly interested in what's happening outside their own fave projects.

Posted