Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

I thought the Radio Contours will Overlay IR?

• katiechuber by katiechuber

Maybe it is just that I am new at looking at these, but this one, the radio wave that is smaller and toward lower left. After marking, I found that the IR did not overlay, that there were multiple galaxies around, but nothing underneath like in the examples. It looks like it would be a compact object (where description explains it "usually" lies directly on top of IR Source). I marked the brighter galaxy that is just south of the radio contours. Should I have marked the really faint galaxy directly below the radio contours? It just seems that in all the examples as well as the few I have done it has always been a bright IR galaxy. Hoping to continue to complete these as correctly as possible. Thanks for help.

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Although I cannot see what you've marked, I see 2 types of radio sources in this image. The one at the top right is an #hourglass and the IR/galaxy match is in between the two peaks, while the source in the middle is #compact with #noinfrared. I think that you're on the right track. Thanks again.

Posted