Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG00000q5 classify image seems very much zoomed out

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Not sure if this is a bug, or part of new experiment, but the image I got to classify had a pair of radio sources in the center (no IR), a pair on the left-hand edge (so #overedge), and a faint solo source near the right hand edge. In short, completely unlike ARG00000q5

Posted

• firejuggler by firejuggler

got this too, those are the picture of the tutorial

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

BTW nice overedge triple

VLA FIRST image

NVSS image 0.2 degree

enter image description here

Posted

• DocR by DocR scientist

Folks - help me out here. We did make some changes yesterday. NVSS is now available, and FIRST now shows a larger field (9', 3x what you see in the zoo), and matched to NVSS so you can directly compare them.
    Note that at 9' (0.15deg) it is slightly smaller than what Dolorous Edd posted above. If you are getting something different now than what I show below, please put a comment in the Help Chat. Thanks!NVSS andFIRST

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to DocR's comment.

Thanks for that.

Here's the IR image I think I got (it's been compressed, and is only 214x214 pix, so some information is lost):

And here's the central third, zoomed in (300%) and blown up, with a copy of the IR ARG00000q5 (plus radio contours) below it:

enter image description here enter image description here

If I understand what you wrote, DocR, these last two images should cover about the same piece of sky real estate (though the scales may be slightly different); in particular, they should be centered on the same (RA, Dec) location (±a pixel or two), and have the same orientation (N up, E to the left). Further, assuming they are derived from the same IR data, the two images should differ only in the color mapping.

Yet I can't match the IR sources; to me the two look as if they're of quite different fields.

Help!

ETA: The WISE images seem to match the ARG00000q5 IR image above, in terms of location of sources, as does the SDSS one ...

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Just got this to classify again! I thought this was not supposed to happen!?!

Anyway, since I recognized it before I hit Finish, I took a screenshot; I'll post that later ...

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Here it is:

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to firejuggler's comment.

those are the picture of the tutorial

I just checked the Tutorial, twice. I did not get any of the three 'mis-match' fields I've had so far. Are you sure you got the same image?

Here's the Tutorial field that I got:

When I complete it, and click "Discuss", I get ARG0003r15

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Just got the same one again. I took a screenshot before I started classifying, this time including the URL:

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

I seem to have the same issue, for now it appear constantly on the loop

Posted