Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

disappearing IR circle - GUI glitch?

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl

After classifying this image and clicking Next the yellow circle showing the IR source I had marked disappeared and the IR/radio slider jumped to the central position leaving me needing to click Next again to proceed to the next image. I have noticed this happening very often the last couple of days, maybe every fifth image, but I do not know if it is something that has been going on for months and I've only just become aware of it, although I don't think I would have missed something like this if it was happening as often. My worry is whether my classification marking the IR source is being lost - I really, really hope I'm just worrying over a simple GUI glitch that isn't really affecting anything. In the case of this image, here, I only marked the IR source associated with the core of the #triple and nothing associated with the extremely faint source lower right.

Posted

• planetari7 by planetari7

У меня тоже последние два дня стали исчезать (ИК круг)- помеченные желтые круги. Что это значит не знаю.

Posted

• sharqua by sharqua

Translation: "I also the last two days have had disappearing (IR circles) - marked with yellow circles. I do not know what this means.."

Posted

• DocR by DocR scientist

I've reported it to software folks.

Posted

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl in response to DocR's comment.

Thanks, an additional effect I've just noticed is that if the Favourite button had been activated before the Next button had been clicked, when the yellow circle disappears the Favourite button is then toggled off as well. I can toggle it on/off again afterwards as normal. It's almost as if some elements of the interface are being reset to a default position when Next is clicked instead of moving on to the next image? Hope this helps.

Posted