Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

Seeing the same thing twice

• gavinrider by gavinrider

I have just been shown the same image for a second time in two weeks - Image ARG000274j

Why am I seeing the same image multiple times?

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to gavinrider's comment.

This is a 'repeat'. And there's a thread on this phenomenon, Anyone getting any repeat images?

You'll see that it was apparently solved some time ago; that it has reared its ugly head again will surely be distressing to the Science and Development teams. Especially as many Zooniverse projects use the same 'image allocation' architecture (and code) ... I expect DZM will be onto this very quickly ...

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Since I do not see any more complaints about this, this bug may have resolved itself.... fingers crossed 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM Zooniverse Team

Every once in a while, we have reports of repeat images. If it's a very rare occurrence, especially on projects where classifying is quick, or just one person reporting one instance, we try not to obsess over it. If many people are reporting it, however, or it's costing a lot of time, we try to look into it when we can... as with last time, when it seems that there really was an issue! 😃

In this case, if you look to the left, @HAndernach offers an explanation of why this may have happened here?

Definitely let us know if repeats become a repeating problem! 😃

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd in response to DZM's comment.

In this case, if you look to the left, @HAndernach offers an explanation of why this may have happened here?

I don't think it is the case, otherwise it would have different ARG id

I think he is litterly got the same (down to ARG id) image twice

And yes, I too saw repeats

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Dolorous Edd's comment.

I agree ... if you get the same ARG field - per its ID - it's a repeat, not a FIRST source in the same field with a different ARG ID.

And yes, I too saw repeats

I think it would be extremely helpful - to the Development team - if you could note every repeat you get ...

Posted

• DZM by DZM Zooniverse Team

Okay, it sounds like there really may be an authentic repeats issue going on again, here. How common is it?

As Jean said, yes, please note any object IDs that you see twice. I have down ARG000274j -- if I get a few more, perhaps the devs can find the common thread that links them?

Thanks!!

Posted