Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

Noob still learning...one radio contour seems to have an IR blast, another, maybe 2 dim sources?

• honeyeyedchild by honeyeyedchild

Hi,

The tiny contour in the upper RH corner has a nice, bright IR blast maybe 5xs it's size.

The larger contour in the middle of the pic seems to maybe be associated with the two dim IR sources beneath it (or possibly the 4 faint IRs surrounding it.)

How would you classify these two types of associations?

Thx so much!

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to honeyeyedchild's comment.

Call it like you see it ... if you think these are two separate, unrelated radio sources, then classify them separately (and pick what you think the IR source(s) is/are that they are associated with). On the other hand, if you think these are two lobes associated with a single (host) galaxy, then click on them both, and then click on the IR source that you think is the host.

Myself, I can't decide if this is one source or two; if the latter, I'd say there's no IR source for the central radio one, and that it's impossible to say what the IR source of the upper-right radio source is (the bright white blob - which is a star - completely blocks out any fainter IR galaxy that might be there).

Hope this helps, and happy hunting! 😃

Posted