Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0000hdx

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

Possible host SDSS J075529.95+520450.6 looks interesting

enter image description here

SDSS J075529.95+520450.6 - 1237663787955257699

But there is slight offset between J075529.95+520450.6 and center of hourglass

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

It is interesting ... it's not an elliptical! 😄

zsp 0.140 so fracDev_g is perhaps the most relevant, and it is 0, as is _u; _r and _i are 0.11 and 0.19, respectively. I'll do some more tests later, but this is a very good #SDRAGN candidate!!

But there is slight offset between J075529.95+520450.6 and center of hourglass

Actually, I think this is more a #triple than #hourglass ... the SW lobe seems to extend to cover the host, but at this resolution and intensity of radio emission, it's very difficult to say whether the nucleus is a source. Also, the lobes seem asymmetrical, consistent with us viewing this at an inclined angle, perhaps 30 degrees (where's that darned symbol)? I've had quite a lot of sources which look like this, and have always called them asymmetric triples.

Well done, sisifolibre and Dolorous_Edd! 😃

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

SDSS J075530.75+520452.5 could also be the host

Posted

• DocR by DocR scientist

Except for the unusual host (almost certainly the bright galaxy in center) which certainly should be looked at further, looks like normal double to me (there's no difference between that and a triple, except in the latter you can see the nucleus). Note that inclination angle on straight sources does not change asymmetry.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Not sure this adds anything to what's already been written ...

enter image description here enter image description here

The spectrum is pretty cool: H-alpha and [NII]6583 are, arguably, the strongest emission lines; the [OII]3725/3727 doublet appears split (implying that they are very narrow), though that may be an artifact (they're rather weak).

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk thread.

Posted