Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0003niz: radio morphology?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

I really should start a thread on this topic!

In ARG0003niz there's only one apparent optical host, zph 0.292±0.110 SDSS J093233.56+024849.5, but two in the WISE IR image:

enter image description here

Contour overlay image on order ...

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Contour overlay image on order ...

Not really helpful, I suspect:

enter image description here enter image description here

However, if SDSS J093233.56+024849.5 is the host of a strange #WAT, then it's particularly interesting .., because then it'd be an #SDRAGN! 😃 fracDeV_g and fracDeV_r are both zero (so it can't be an elliptical)!!

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk thread.

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's a First and Wise 3.4 overlay for ARG0003niz.

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.
    First contours in red, Wise Band 1 lime green.

As per the classification comments left, I have a tendency to agree with the view that this is a #doublelobe, and the S lobe is a #compact.

There are no radio references for SDSS J093233.56+024849.5, and it is on the S edge of the lobes. This doesn't exclude it from being the host of some or all of these lobes. However, Aladin image below gives the location of two ALLWISE sources, which seem to fit a #doublelobe and #compact nicely (ALLWISE sources red dots). Sadly, there doesn't appear to be any SDSS photometric objects listed at these locations.

As always, comments, suggestions, welcome.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Yet another object which would need deeper radio, IR, and optical images to determine the nature of the source, or sources.

If the two ALLWISE sources turn out to the cores, then this would be an #overlap of a #compact with an #hourglass, or perhaps #double.

Posted