Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ifrs overedge triple?

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl

The radio emission here looks like the core and one lobe of an #overedge triple, however if this is the case the core is an #ifrs candidate itself. It is also possible that this is a doublelobe and the core is somewhere in between them, perhaps partly obscured by the bright IR sources clustered in the centre of the image. They could also be an unrelated ifrs and hourglass. FIRST/NVSS should reveal any overedge features but, without a radio core, distinguishing between the other possibilities might only be possible with further observations.

Posted

• john21baxter_ by john21baxter_

in this case which infra red source(s) did you click?

Posted

• WizardHowl by WizardHowl in response to john21baxter 's comment.

I did not click any of the infra red sources, however this was based solely on my own interpretation of where I thought the radio sources originated. There are viable hosts for the radio emission in other scenarios, so it is for each user to make their own independent assessment - I expect at least 10 people will be analysing each image and together the group does a better job of classifying than any individual. If the group gives 10 different opinions that's OK too, the data is ambiguous in some cases and further observations may be needed to resolve the origin of the radio signals.

Posted

• john21baxter_ by john21baxter_

thank you for your response and apologies for my delayed reply back

Posted