Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

I still mark the IR source

• Ushiromiya_Xyrius by Ushiromiya_Xyrius

Although they look faint in the WISE image, I still mark the yellow, faint, little circles as the IR source of the radio contour...
    Is it a correct ? Why?
    Need an explanation, thanks so much

😃

Posted

• DocR by DocR scientist

I don't see any WISE sources directly coincident with radio peaks, so in this case I would have called in "no infrared"

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

I just got this one to classify, and my difficulty was that there are at least two faint IR sources which might be the host (though only one SDSS one), of the central peak. In saying this, I'm relying on the fact - which I have established to my satisfaction - that the radio contours can be misaligned with the IR image by up to ~2 IR pixels (i.e. ~10"), and at least 1.5 'radio pixels' (~10"). If the actual misalignments are, in 99+% of cases, much smaller, than I have seen dozens of examples of IR sources being offset from strong 'point source' radio ones (not to mention other morphologies).

Posted

• 42jkb by 42jkb scientist, admin

I have been looking over a bunch of images and this is a good example of adding a zoom-in function to the interface to help identify the host. Not sure if one can do this, but would be good to look into.

Posted