• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

Found it in antikodon's collection

DSS 2 Red 1' x 1'

Clearly an Eos

It is 2MASX 03294952-2850581 aka FGCE 0328

Also it is visible in all 4 WISE bands

enter image description here

How real the radio emission from it?

Radio emission is clearly goes beyond optical galaxy, but is it by-product of survey resolution? and in reality it is smaller?

My guess that if it was VLA FIRST map, we would have seen a small compact source

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

And perhaps another one

http://radiotalk.galaxyzoo.org/#/subjects/ARG0003row

2MASX J03323506-2755331 aka SARS 052.62317-28.09389

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Some contour overlay images might help ...

In the left hand column, the background image is the ATLAS image (plus contours) from ARG0003s69, from a screenshot.

In the right hand column, the background image is a SWIRE cutout, using the SWIRE cutout service (default is JPEG, inverted).

In the top row, NVSS contours (in cyan) are overlaid.

In the bottom row, contours derived from WISE band 1 (3.4μ, magenta) are overlaid.

I think these four images - together with the ARG field (ATLAS contours on SWIRE image) - are quite informative. Let's discuss.

The images in this post were created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk post. The image is centered at (RA, Dec) = (52.449, -28.852)

UPDATE: well, may there never be a day when you don't learn something new! Despite what my Python program writes onto the images, they're actually 400x400 pix! 😮 😮 😮 Oh the joys of quirks of programming languages! I found the problem, have fixed it, and will re-do the erroneous images (they'll look almost exactly the same; it's a scaling thing, not a truncation or anything nasty like that).

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Dolorous Edd's comment.

Same layout as in my previous post (yes, the scale bar is white in the right hand column! 😦):

enter image description here enter image description here

enter image description here enter image description here

The images in this post were created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk post. The image is centered at (RA, Dec) = (53.146, -27.926)

UPDATE: well, may there never be a day when you don't learn something new! Despite what my Python program writes onto the images, they're actually 400x400 pix! 😮 😮 😮 Oh the joys of quirks of programming languages! I found the problem, have fixed it, and will re-do the erroneous images (they'll look almost exactly the same; it's a scaling thing, not a truncation or anything nasty like that).

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Rather than replace the, um, errant images, I will post the corrected ones separately (I'm not a fan of revisionism, and Talk makes that ridiculously easy).

NVSS contours (cyan) overlaid on ARG0003s69 ATLAS (screenshot; slider pushed to the far left):

NVSS contours (cyan) overlaid on ARG0003s69 SWIRE cutout, using the SWIRE cutout service (default is JPEG, inverted):

WISE band 1 (3.4μ, magenta) contours overlaid on ARG0003s69 ATLAS (screenshot; slider pushed to the far left):

WISE band 1 (3.4μ, magenta) contours overlaid on SWIRE cutout:

The images in this post were created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk post. The image is centered at (RA, Dec) = (52.449, -28.852)

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Rather than replace the, um, errant images, I will post the corrected ones separately (I'm not a fan of revisionism, and Talk makes that ridiculously easy).

NVSS contours (cyan) overlaid on ARG0003row ATLAS (screenshot; slider pushed to the far left):

NVSS contours (cyan) overlaid on ARG0003row SWIRE cutout, using the SWIRE cutout service (default is JPEG, inverted):

WISE band 1 (3.4μ, magenta) contours overlaid on ARG0003row ATLAS (screenshot; slider pushed to the far left):

WISE band 1 (3.4μ, magenta) contours overlaid on SWIRE cutout:

The images in this post were created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk post. The image is centered at (RA, Dec) = (53.146, -27.926)

Posted

• LRyan123 by LRyan123

Hello, I am new to this and do not have an astronomy background. Can anyone explain to me what is happening in this image in laymen's terms? Thank you.

Posted