Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0003r2r

• csunjoto by csunjoto

NVSS :

enter image description here

ATLAS
    enter image description here

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to csunjoto's comment.

Nice! 😃

May I ask, how did you create the ATLAS image (and what was your source)?

Posted

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

same as my one, apperently

Can send you a FITS file with ATLAS field if you are interested

Posted

• csunjoto by csunjoto

@JeanTate like Edd said from FITS file. It's posted by scientist (i don't remember who) in one of ATLAS discussion

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Thanks guys.

I was kinda hoping that there might be a publicly available source for ATLAS FITS image files, and that you'd obtained the ATLAS FITS file from there (there are public sources for for both FIRST and NVSS), but I guess not ... 😦

Posted

• csunjoto by csunjoto

In case edd hasn't given it to you enter link description here . Ivy posted it but unlike NVSS and FIRST ,it doesn't have automatic cut out

Posted

• ivywong by ivywong scientist, admin

Thanks @csunjoto. I forgot that I posted this previously but am glad that you found the location.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to csunjoto's comment.

To put that source here:

The ATLAS data comes as a giant single field as there isn't a cutout service from : http://www.atnf.csiro.au/research/deep/data_release/index.htm

On that page I read:

[re CDFS 20 cm data] In addition, you may download the FITS image of the entire radio field here (45MB).

[re the ELAIS-S1 20 cm data] Please contact Enno if you wish to obtain the FITS image

[re HDF-S Observations] Further information (including the data relase) is here.

Clicking through "here" brings up this 'query form' page. On that you can, indeed, download the 21.1 MB FITS; however, there's also this "Alternatively, the following form extracts subimages from the full FITS files. This data server is also linked to the ATHDFS catalogues, so that the catalogue can be searched for objects of interest." So at least one ATLAS field can be searched in small chunks. Yay! 😃

Posted