Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

ARG0002o33 - diffuse emission in NVSS

• Dolorous_Edd by Dolorous_Edd

NVSS

Any thoughts?

enter image description here

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Dolorous_Edd's comment.

#SDRAGN candidate! 😮

OK, the extended (NVSS) radio emission is certainly not, by any stretch, describable as "lobes", but I think the host is zsp 0.122 SDSS J083350.03+150122.9; it's a slightly below threshold FIRST source, and obvious in NVSS too:

Visually, you'd guess that it has an AGN; the SDSS spectrum confirms this:

The extended, greenish "halo" around the obvious Eos (more likely highly inclined than truly edge-on) makes this a very strange galaxy, IMHO.

So, some kind of #NAT or #WAT, possibly faint because it's fading ...

I think the almost #hourglass FIRST source in the center (FIRSTJ083351.3+150228) is unrelated; it's far, far in the background (#noIR #nooptical).

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Reminds me a bit of ARG0003o4w, with host SDSS J023832.67+023349.1 (discovered by Tony Wei):

More in this RGZ Discussion thread.

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

Here's an NVSS overlay. Don't know if this helps with a host, as there could be a multitude to choose from in ALLWISE, and whether the lobes, emissions to the N and NE are connected to the centre lobe.

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

And here's the above image with the First contour included. There is an ALLWISE source associated with this First lobe, ALLWISE J083351.32+150230.8, which is aligned more to the centre N of the emission.

The contour overlay image in this post was created from sources, and using methods, described in this RGZ Talk
    thread.

Posted