Radio Galaxy Zoo Talk

The Real Difference Between Radio-Loud and Radio-Quiet AGNs (Year: 2001)

• zutopian by zutopian

Old publication:

The Real Difference Between Radio-Loud and Radio-Quiet AGNs

It seems to me that AGN-astronomers can’t see the “forest because of the trees” when they are fighting about the insignificant details between radio-loud and radio-quiet AGNs. It is quite clear that the real difference between these two classes is the JET. So the discussion should be: why some AGNs have a powerful radio jet and some other don’t have. I will briefly discuss about the possible explanations for this fundamental difference.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4615-0695-9_10

Cite this chapter as:
    Sillanpää A. (2001) The Real Difference Between Radio-Loud and Radio-Quiet AGNs. In: Márquez I., Masegosa J., del Olmo A., Lara L., García E., Molina J. (eds) QSO Hosts and Their Environments. Springer, Boston, MA

Full text isn't available for free. It seems to be a chapter in a book according to above information ("cite this chapter as").

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to zutopian's comment.

Thanks for this. It's a pity we can't read what it actually says. Anyway, this topic - radio loud vs radio quiet AGNs - is the subject of many papers since 2001 (I'll add some links, to ones we can read, later).

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian in response to JeanTate's comment.

You are welcome!

I found the fulltext of the chapter for free on the website "google books".
    The title of the book is as follows.:
    QSO Hosts and Their Environments
    The chapter "The real difference (...)" is available on the pages 59-60.

Posted